Base Game Kitchen Cabinets

• Shoutbox 
    Only logged in users are allowed to enter the chat

• Home Forums Members Under Construction Base Game Kitchen Cabinets

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author
      triciamanly

Hello all! I solicit your honest feedback on these kitchen cabinets. They are mounted on a panel which is placed behind regular counters using cheat code move_objects on. I tried to match the game counter. Anyway, my base game sims want cabinets!

kitchencabinets_zps53acc1cf.jpg

ekrubynaffit

Re: Base Game Kitchen Cabinets

They’re looking good Anne, my only thought is it the way its angled in the photo but I can see the one of the far left dosnt have a black line down the middle but it seems the further right you go the black line gets more prominant. Is you smooth edges switch all the way to high in game? Because that may get rid of the jagged lines and could get a better idea of it, other than that I think you’ve done a fantastic job!

triciamanly

@ekrubynaffit 4763 wrote:

They’re looking good Anne, my only thought is it the way its angled in the photo but I can see the one of the far left dosnt have a black line down the middle but it seems the further right you go the black line gets more prominant. Is you smooth edges switch all the way to high in game? Because that may get rid of the jagged lines and could get a better idea of it, other than that I think you’ve done a fantastic job!

No, you’re right about the middle line sort of fading out. I think maybe i should move the cabinet doors a little further apart and of course the texturing still needs work. Can you believe, that the cabinet replace the dynasty vase? Ha Ha! But I didn’t lose my vase because I did it right this time! Thanks so much Tiff for the reply!

triciamanly

Here are the cabinets retextured. kitchencabinetsretextured_zps9f34abe1.jpg

ekrubynaffit

Ohhhhh I love them Anne, Im seeing recolours in my head!! 😉 (and I just realised I had my left and right mixed up in my previous post lol!)

LadyAngel
                Keymaster

Anne, these are looking really good. I think if the light trim was more of a wood texture they would be just right. I can’t believe how far you come in such a short time, you’re definitely a natural mesher! 🙂

Please post all support requests in the forums if at all possible

CheekyBugga

@ekrubynaffit 4766 wrote:

Ohhhhh I love them Anne, Im seeing recolours in my head!! 😉 (and I just realised I had my left and right mixed up in my previous post lol!)

All I can say Tiff is……LMAO girlfriend LMAO lol and My very talented mate Anne WOW I agree with Mrs A you are going ahead strong now I doubt a sledgehammer would be able to stop you!!! Not only are they very good BUT it’s something the game is definitely lacking ..well done!!!

triciamanly

I now have the cabinets just mounted on the wall without the panel which turned out to be unnecessary. I tried to copy a different style of cabinet with I think better success. I’m trying to copy a sims3 house by Guardgian called IceCube for sims2 (with her permission of course!) and it’s impossible without new stuff! I tried a round table and some window shutters. I’m scared to upload cause they’re primitive! The problem with the shutters is that you need snapobjectstogrid false and move_objects on to place them. Would anyone be willing to test in game?
                      shuttersinthewindow_zps64a63436.jpg

karen lorraine

I can test Anne, can you not use those cheats in base game then?

triciamanly

Oh yes, you can use the cheats in base game, I just don’t know if everyone knows how. I did say to use them in the item description. The other issue I’m hoping Lady Angel will know is that in the catalog, the items don’t show up, just a blue box with a custom icon in it. Thanks for being a volunteer. Hopefully I can upload after I talk to lady angel.

karen lorraine

I think most players will know those cheats, Anne.

LadyAngel
                            Keymaster

Anne, I’m not sure why they don’t show up in the catalogue but still show up in-game. BPS may be able to help you more as they have more experienced meshers. Sorry! 🙁

triciamanly

I’m thinking they don’t show up because they are up high on the wall and the item I replaced, the dynasty vase is either on the floor or midway up. I remember long ago when I was uploading to the sims2 official site, there was a way to use simPE to replace the game photo of the lot with a doctored up photo. Wonder if there is a catalog pix that can be replaced . . . hmmm

LadyAngel
                                Keymaster

@triciamanly 4792 wrote:

I’m thinking they don’t show up because they are up high on the wall and the item I replaced, the dynasty vase is either on the floor or midway up. I remember long ago when I was uploading to the sims2 official site, there was a way to use simPE to replace the game photo of the lot with a doctored up photo. Wonder if there is a catalog pix that can be replaced . . . hmmm

I know this is an old thread, but I came across this tutorial on making your own custom thumbnails, though apparently it’s not for beginners!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.