Issues with residential lot zip files

• Shoutbox 
    Only logged in users are allowed to enter the chat

• Home Forums Admin Support Issues with residential lot zip files

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      TofuSnorlax
      Participant

Hello. I’ve just recently been grabbing some residential lot downloads from this site and been in total awe at their charm and beauty. But I am having issues with several of the older houses; there is actually a pattern, as the problematic lots are all from pages 10 and 11 of the 15-page residential lot category.

When I extracted the files, I got an error message listing several of the house zip or rar files which could not be opened as archives and which did not extract any houses. When trying to view the contents of any of these files, I also got an error message saying that the file was invalid or corrupted.

I redownloaded the problematic lots to see if perhaps their download was disrupted, but the problem persisted. I was able to find 2 or 3 of the same houses for download from MTS2, but no others. And the weirdest thing is that one of the invalid/corrupted files actually managed to extract something (while giving me the same error) and it seemed to be a size which was about right for the content- though I have yet to see if it works in the game after installation.

Any suggestions for this issue are very much appreciated, as some of the affected houses are too beautiful for me to let them go easily.

LadyAngel
        Keymaster

Re: Issues with residential lot zip files

Oh, dear, I’m sorry about that. It must have happened when I upgraded the forums! I’m not even sure if I have copies anywhere. Bear with me (and keep bugging me if I forget!) and I’ll have a look around. You may be able to find some of them at http://www.thesims2.com, but it’s been down for maintainance forever! I did upload a lot of my older stuff there. As soon as it’s up and running again I’ll see if I can download the missing files and add them to the problem ones here.

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Please post all support requests in the forums if at all possible

TofuSnorlax
          Participant

This is part reminder and part message of more bad news! I’ve just gotten Bon Voyage and was excited to finally unzip the downloaded houses I had saved in a folder because they required this expansion, only to find plenty more zip files which could not be opened as archives or install any houses.

They are all houses which had been tagged with every expansion/stuff pack required, so I assume they were just made before the “any game starter” and their creators weren’t sure which expansions were really needed.

LadyAngel
            Keymaster

Well I’ve been going through the files and have found a few that I’ve managed to replace, but some of the older ones I’m still looking for. If you notice, it’s the files that are marked with a file size as 1MB or over. The smaller ones seem to be okay. When I get a minute, I’ll have a look through my old PC backups to see if I can find any that are broken.

So sorry, folks! 🙁

TofuSnorlax
              Participant

That’s strange. I’m noticing that all the problematic files are actually the same size- all of them 976.6 KB. I just noticed in my folder that all the zip files were the same exact size and I found it odd.

*I’ve downloaded some of the big ones over 1 MB and they worked fine!

LadyAngel
                Keymaster

The older, larger files are sticking at 976. Any over that size which are fine are later ones, or older ones that I’ve replaced.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.