Sims 2

• Shoutbox 
    Only logged in users are allowed to enter the chat

• A lot keeps making my game crash

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      LadyAngel
      Keymaster

First of all make sure you download only the houses that are made with the expansion pack’s you have. These will be shown on the lot download page.
        If you have already downloaded one, you can get rid of it by using Clean Installer:

• 1. Download Clean Installer.
        • 2. Open Clean installer.
        • 3. Click on “Choose Directory”.
        • 4. Scroll down until you see “Browse…”
        • 5. Browse to your Lotcatalogue, which is located in My Documents/Ea Games/The Sims 2/Lotcatalog
        • 6. Sort the folder and “Date&Time Installed” and find the lot that is causing you problems.
        • 7. Right click the lot and choose “Remove package”.

Your problem lot should now be gone.

Note: If you don’t know when you installed this lot, you can click on the packages and the clean installer will let you see a thumbnail of the lot. Just click on the name of the file to see it.

Please post all support requests in the forums if at all possible

Anonymous

Re: A lot keeps making my game crash

I had that very same problem about 2 months ago, smh. I had to go into the neighborhood folder and delete the lot that was causing the game to crash. I found out that I downloaded the home, as the creator said it was compatible with the expansion packs I have but it wasn’t. You have to be very careful when downloading new items and ALWAYS test them so you can immediately eliminate them if it causes erratic game activity.

LadyAngel
          Keymaster

Good advice. I had that problem once and had a terrible time finding the lot that was causing the problem.

It’s worth noting, also, that I’ve downloaded homes with stuff packs that I don’t have. This didn’t cause the lot to crash, but it looked very strange with half the décor missing!

Please post all support requests in the forums if at all possible

Simply Simful
            Participant

I’m always afraid to download lots that have FT installed. I have FT, but it is not loaded. AL and M&G’s are loaded however. So, most of the downloads I see, I don’t download because they require FT.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.