Windows 10-Must see for Sims 2 users

• Shoutbox 
    Only logged in users are allowed to enter the chat

• Home Forums Members Sim Chat Windows 10-Must see for Sims 2 users

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      chilili

I called Microsoft and talked to a tech, they told me that Sims2 will not run on W10, not set up for it, also found out, will not run on Windows 8.1.

Will only run on Windows 7, or Windows 7 Professional, it does have some hiccups, When I am in the main screen or a town, sometimes the screen will go black, or when I am in building a house, then come out to save the house, around house, color is okay, but all around house is a black screen with roads showing.

Called Electronic Arts also, and there is a process that has to be done, speaking to non English people is really hard, trying to get to root of problem with Windows 7, it seems there is still a process that has to be done, to fix black out problems in Windows 7, that is the problem I am having now, as soon as I get back on phone with them. I am really sad that Microsoft has not allowed for the Sims2 program to go on, on higher windows, it is so frustrating.

So if you can keep that computer going that you have now, that Sims2 is running on, keep it healthy.

Will let you know what happens when I get in touch with EA again on Monday.

I had the Tech here in my town, take off windows 10 and put 7 on, so I won’t know until Monday what will happen with that, she has to put Sims2 back on the computer, will also let you know the outcome of that.

Will get with you after I call EA again,
        Everyone have a great weekend.

P,S, Right now, my drive ( C )in new computer is showing a red line, I’m told that this is telling me that the drive is over loaded, so we are trying to fix this.
        So be patient with me, please.

Right now I am using windows 7 proifessional, I can play the game but when I start moving the picture around, everything around the house turns black, the only way to ge4t rid of it is to get out of ( use the microsoft key ) to put fown on the bar, then clkick on the game again and it will be gone, It does come back periodically.
        I have just Windows 7 on my other omputer, not laptop, and it won’t run at all, juwt keeps breaking out. I’m just thinking of having her take Sims2 off the computer, put W 10 back on and just using it for a work computer.

I am taking the computer back and am going to give it one more try to see what happens. As soon as I hear from LadyAngel to see how her daughter got it to run on W10.
        Will be back to edit this when more information comes to me.

LadyAngel
        Keymaster

Re: Windows 10-Must see for Sims 2 users

Chi, try this fix for Windows 10:
          https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-to-install-the-sims-2-expansions-on-windows-10/9c7ceaea-ac53-46b7-abaa-d90f00dc0da9?auth=1

Please post all support requests in the forums if at all possible

chilili

The tech I took it to went to that sight and followed the instructions, she said it wouldn’t work at all, nothing would load with it on, she took it off and put windows 7 on.
            This girl worked for at least 2 months trying to get sims2 to work with windows, 8 & up had no luck, I called EA and spoke to a tech there and he said it will not run on anything above windows 7. I called Microsoft too and they said the same thing, at first thye sent me to the sight you just gave me and I went through the same thing that the tech here went through. It just wouldn’t work. I’m taking the other computer back there is still a problem with windows 7, the color when you are creating in the game, goes completely black when you try to move around. So will take it back again and see what she can do. It could be the graphics card is to much for windows7, will let everyone know when I find out
            Thank you anyway for your suggestion, I will always take them and try them.

LadyAngel
            Keymaster

I don’t understand how they can say that – My daughter has Sims 2 working perfectly on Windows 10. Would you like me to try and find out how she did it?

chilili

Yes lady Angel find out how she is gettin it to work. The tech here spent a month on trying to get 10 to work and couldn’t. She even went to the sight Microsoft Windows and they gave her a web sight to try, to download something.
                I was told by Microsoft that windows 10 was not set up for Sims2, I even called EA and they tol me that EA has not set up Sims2 for windows 10 and they were not going to. It would be interesting to know if they set up Sims4 to play on windows 10. Thank you

LadyAngel
                Keymaster

Chi, I’ve sent you a PM.

LadyAngel
                  Keymaster

Chi, if you have an Origin account, you may be able to ask them to add the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to your account. This replaces all of the Sims 2 stuff and expansion packs, and runs on Windows 10 with no problems.
                    https://www.origin.com/

chilili

I’m going to go to Origin right now and ask them if they have it, If not I will see if Amazon has it and buy it. First Origin. Thanks Lady A, I appreciate the time. Hugs & Love

LadyAngel
                      Keymaster

I think EA offered this as a one-off, so you may not be able to find it elsewhere. I hope you manage, though! 🙂

marka93
                        Participant

As long as you have a legal copy of Sims 2 you can still get UC from Origin just be nice and if the first one says no call/online chat with another one until you get it.

Tell them you upgraded to 10 but now your game wont work and they should give you UC.

chilili

Hi Lady A, I got the sims2 UC for free, I tried it with windows 7 professional and it didn’t work, it got worse actually after I put it on. I have been ill, had the flu, not quite over it yet. I am going to take my other computer
                            to the tech and have them take off windows8 and put windows 10 back on, then I want to try the UC again. As soon as I have it done, I will let you knpw what is going on and how it works. Is this what your son & daughter
                            used to fix their sims2? Let me know. Will get back to you on this, then I will write a review of what happens. Thanks for your help, much appreciated it. Will have some more walls and houses soon.
                            Have a great day/night
                            Hugs

Anonymous

I have all sims 2 packs and stuff packs running fine on my lap top. I had them all on the same laptop -bought brand new a couple years ago on windows 8.1…still ran fine then no orgin ….I just upgraded automatically a month ago to windows 10 for free…just followed the constant prompt you should get with windows 7-8 that says “ugrade now to windows 10″ …all my programs work fine including sim 2 and sims 3 (sims 2 no origin and sims 3 with origin) I think you must just make sure that your computer specs can handle it (if you click the ” update now to windows 10″ prompt it lets you know what specs are needed)
                              also maybe make sure that your windows 7 or 8 version is the exact one that came with the computer when you bought it – not one you installed? idk maybe that has something to do with how smoothly the
                              update will go. Hope this helps a bit 🙂

ps I forgot to add that I had reinstalled each stuff pack and expansion pack separately and in #order a month before the windows 10 update (lol I was scared!) but – no ultimate pack the only pack I used was the double deluxe the rest were individual – idk if that makes a difference or not

LadyAngel
                              Keymaster

That’s very interesting, thanks. I updated to Windows 10 but couldn’t get the Sims 2 base game to run, I have to use the Ultimate Edition from Origin.

Anonymous

Wow that is weird Lady Angel well at least the Ultimate pack works for some, thank goodness for that :), but for everyone else so sad..EA should come up with some kind of fix soon for this that works for everyone, I know they pretty much dropped support for sims 2 but they should consider that there are so many sims 2 fans that need it.

LadyAngel
                                  Keymaster

I agree. It annoys me when game makers think we should be done with games just because they are. Now with Origin they have removed access to all Sims 2 packs, so any that I or anyone else has purchased can’t download them any more. 😡

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.